“I will give you a Talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test.
Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him.
Will he gain anything by it? Will it restore him to control over his own life and destiny?
In other words, will it lead to swaraj [freedom] for the hungry and spiritually starving millions?
Then you will find your doubts and your self melts away.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Most of us have grown up reading Gandhi’s talisman in the NCERT books. And whenever in self-doubt, we recommend you to read Gandhi’s Talisman! (Tried and tested!)
On Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, let’s pay reverence to the man who paved his way with not any exceptional qualities but solely the truth… Because the truth was his only guiding light.
We bring to you 10 Gandhi’s Talisman quotes to inspire you today!
1. Nonviolence is a weapon of the strong.
2. In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
3. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
4. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
5. Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.
6. A man of truth must also be a man of care.
7. Hate the sin and not the sinner’ is a precept which, though easy enough to understand, is rarely practiced, and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world.
8. It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
9. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
10. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.
We owe our independence to him! Happy Birth Anniversary, Bapu!