Interesting Facts Of Sapphire That Would Amuse You!
What is the first thing that strikes your mind when you think of the gemstone, Sapphire? For us, it's the legendary movie Titanic! Remember the beautiful diamond and sapphire necklace? How the girls drooled over the stunning piece worn by Rose and kept wishing for a 'Jack' to sketch our portrait with the necklace!
Well, there are a lot of powers associated with this Sapphire gemstone jewellery. We might call it superstition but it's a popular belief that sapphire has the power to either make or break a person. Astrologically speaking, it's said to be worn only by people with strong energy of planet Saturn on their birth chart. Blue Sapphire boosts confidence and enhances the positive energy of Saturn like patience, confidence and will power. In the past, we have spotted Bollywood superstars Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Sonu Nigam and A.R. Rahman wearing the sapphire ring and witnessed an instant shoot in their otherwise dwindling careers. BTW, it's suggested to wear this rashi ratna ring under strong recommendation!
The birthstone of September, sapphire is also known as NEELAM and famous for its mystical power and are believed to protect their wearers from evil. It is also gifted to people celebrating their 5th or 45th anniversaries. These gemstones are found in many places all over the world, including Australia, Malawi, Madagascar and Sri Lanka.
Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about Sapphire!
1) The word sapphire is derived from the Greek word ‘sappheiros’ which was originally referred to another blue gemstone, Lapis Lazuli.
2) Neelam is second strongest natural gemstone after diamond. The only natural item that can scratch a sapphire is a diamond.
3) Until the late 17th century, sapphires could strictly be worn by the royalty and high priests. Anyone else caught wearing them would be punished!
4) Sapphire is not only a blue colored gemstone but in fact comes in a rainbow of colors and found in yellow, pink, orange and green.
5) The rarest type of sapphire is a pinkish orange variety called 'padparadscha', which means lotus flower in Sanskrit.
6) It is believed that sapphires can cure eye diseases and preserve celibacy.7) Neelam (Sapphires) are used to symbolize nobility and faithfulness.
8) Some sapphires exhibit different colors depending on the lighting, often changing from blue in daylight to purple in incandescent light.
9) It is also considered an antidepressant and an aid to psychokinesis, telepathy and clairvoyance.
10) The powers of sapphire include spiritual enlightenment and inner peace.
11) Sapphires belong to the family of minerals known as corundum.
12) The most famous sapphire engagement ring given by Prince Charles to Princess Diana, (now worn by Kate Middleton) costed 28,000 pounds sterling.Happy Shopping!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.