How To Stay Hydrated This Summer? (No, We're Not Talking About Water!)
We all crave for glowing skin and healthy bodies, don’t we? It’s possible only when our bodies have enough fluids with vitamins and minerals required. But this becomes a task when the scorching heat of summers is sucking all the moisture from our bodies and hydrating only with water is oh-so boring! So, let’s find out some fun ways to hydrate ourselves apart from water.
1. Turn to Fruits and Veggies:[caption id="attachment_9899" align="alignleft" width="2000"] Picture Source: newhealthguide.org[/caption]
Fruits and veggies are a great way to hydrate this summer. They not only increase the water level in our bodies, but also fulfill our daily requirements of vitamins and minerals.
There are tons of options available in the market like watermelon, cucumber, lettuce, berries, citrus fruits, etc. Make sure to look out for fresh ones!
2. Skimmed Milk:[caption id="attachment_9900" align="alignleft" width="2000"] Picture Source: livestrong.com[/caption]
Instead of filling your mugs with your regular milk, go for skimmed milk. Skimmed Milk is just like your regular milk except for the cream present in the milk. Fat in the cream slows down the fluid replacement in our bodies. This is an excellent source of calcium and for rehydration after exercise.
3. Green Tea:[caption id="attachment_9901" align="alignleft" width="2000"] Picture Source: 54health.com[/caption]
Looking for a healthy boost along with hydration? Give green tea a try! Green tea contains phytochemicals that are known for fighting various diseases like blood pressure, heart problems, digestion, cholesterol, etc. Add 3-4 drops of lemon juice for a punch or 1 teaspoon of honey for sweetening, if desired.
4. Coffee:[caption id="attachment_9902" align="alignleft" width="2000"] Picture Source: pbs.org[/caption]
Most of us are under the myth that coffee causes dehydration due to the caffeine contents present in it. But did you know that a recent research has debunked this myth? Well, yes! Infact, not only a daily cup of coffee fulfills your water needs but can also give you a sharp memory, boosts your performance, and reduces the risks of serious ailments like diabetes and heart disease. So, have your daily cup of morning coffee, guilt-free! (also cream-free )
5. Sports Drink/ Coconut Water:[caption id="attachment_9908" align="alignleft" width="2000"] Picture Source: http://majasdiary.com[/caption]
When we sweat, we lose electrolytes that are minerals found in blood. They help to regulate the water in our bodies. Sports drink can rehydrate your body and prolong your workout sessions while replenishing the electrolytes in your blood. If you are not into sports drinks and prefer a natural alternative instead, then go for coconut water. This tropical drink is known for adding glow to the skin too. So, a two-fold gain!
6. Fruit-Infused Water:[caption id="attachment_9903" align="alignleft" width="2000"] Picture Source: http://detoxdiy.com[/caption]
This is one alternative that many people swear by, not just for adding flavor to the plain old water but also for the benefits that come along. It is known for flushing out the toxins from the body while quenching your thirst. Add few slices of fruits or veggies of your choice to a jug of water and leave it overnight.
7. Popsicles:[caption id="attachment_9904" align="alignnone" width="2000"] Picture Source: http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com[/caption]
Yes, you’re seeing it right! Your favorite summer treat is also in this list. Popsicles are ice and fruit based frozen candies that can fulfil your water needs as well as vitamin and mineral needs. Your children will love you for this! Blend a fruit and freeze or directly freeze your fruit infused water. You can play with different flavors as you want. Isn’t it a dream come true?
It is important to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration and there’s no doubt that water is the most hydrating drink you can find.But you can always play with few recipes (with water as base) to revolutionize and beat the monotony of water.